judycroome

Judy Croome: Author on the Prowl

A Self-Publisher's Companion

A Self-Publisher's Companion - Joel Friedlander Containing both practical advice and inspiring insights for any author wishing to choose self-publishing as a career choice, this guide is a gem. While an enthusiastic advocate of self-publishing, the author is also realistic about what the requirements and challenges are for the self-published author. Anyone following me on Facebook would know how useful I found this book by the number of times I shared excerpts from it!

With an easy-to-read style and excellent presentation/formatting, this book offers advice on a range of areas that an author must consider before choosing this path. From a psychological assessment of what it takes to become a successful (and happy) self-published author, to a compelling vision of the future of e-books and detailed advice on the best use of social media, this book is rich in knowledge and guidance.

What I enjoyed most about this book was the positive, upbeat tone: this is a well-balanced look at an industry that is in the throes of major changes. The author sees both self-publishing and traditional publishing as equally professional, and this sense of respect imbues the guide with a mature and comforting wisdom that can only encourage authors in the path to publication.