judycroome

Judy Croome: Author on the Prowl

Writing Down the Bones: Freeing the Writer Within - Natalie Goldberg Some books one finds too late in life. For me, "Writing Down The Bones " is such a book.

Filled with wonderful writing anecdotes and wisdom, Goldberg's classic is a book I should have read 10 years ago when I first started writing. It's a must read for anyone just starting to write or for a writer who feels blocked. The correlation Goldberg makes between writing and meditation resonated deeply with me - it's when I write while listening to my meditation chants that I go into a deeper place in my writing.

Although much of what I read seemed familiar to me, I still gained a lot from this excellent book on writing and would recommend it to any writer who wants to add that special something, that spark that lifts writing from good to great.