judycroome

Judy Croome: Author on the Prowl

Orcus - Jeremy Neal The innovative and intelligent ORCUS, by Jeremy Neal, adds greatly to the increasing wealth of knowledge that astrology brings to the world.

The first section of the book, which discusses the Hadean triumvirate’s influence on a variety of charts, as well as exploring the mythology behind the objects, will be of immense value to both intermediate and professional astrologers.

The second section of the book, which explores the influence of Ixion, Pluto and Orcus on the soul during the so–called “mid-life crisis” is a masterpiece of spiritual wisdom and guidance. The analysis of exactly what spiritual integrity and living an authentic life requires is profound and inspiring, offering insights that will be of value to anyone reading the book, even non-astrologers.

I would have liked a more detailed summary of the house and sign placements of, especially Orcus and Ixion, as I know very little about these objects. On the other hand, generalising these objects and taking them out of the context of an individual’s unique and complex chart would not create an authentic understanding of their powerful influence on our lives.

And it is in its authenticity that ORCUS is at its best: the excellent research, the well-written, easy to read style, the cautious and pragmatic approach to astrology as a tool for spiritual evolution, all these and more speak to the immense value of this book.

A must-buy for anyone interested in astrology and, for the second section alone, a highly recommended buy for anyone who is interested in understanding the power plays and ego-drives that unconsciously motivate us between the years of the first and second Saturn Returns (from +- 29 to +-60 years of age.)

I will be returning to this book many times in the future.