judycroome

Judy Croome: Author on the Prowl

Poems of Awakening - Betsy Small A lovely inspiring collection of spiritual poems by various poets, from those well known to me (Kabir, e.e. cummings) to new discoveries (Fakhruddin Iraqi, Elizabeth Spires)

As in any collection I enjoyed some poems more than others, and each reader will no doubt find their own favourites.

What I enjoyed most about this book was that with so many voices collected in one volume, I gained a sense of how different each spiritual path is for each of us. We may have the same goal - to find the peace of the Divine within us - but how we search for that state of being is as vastly different as each of the poems in this comforting and lovely volume.

The volume was divided into different sections with each section covering a specific spiritual path (awakening, healing, becoming, opening and so on)

Highly recommended as a read for the kind of day today was: a rainy summer's day when I was in a mellow, reflective mood. POEMS OF AWAKENING perfectly suited my mood.