judycroome

Judy Croome: Author on the Prowl

The Anger Diet: Thirty Days to Stress-Free Living - Brenda Shoshanna Well structured and written in an easy style, this is a useful book dealing with the hidden ways anger affects our lives. Each chapter consists of an explanation of the a specific type of anger and real life examples, and ends with practical exercises to help work through anger. Interspersed with the chapters are exercises to help one reflect and review where and how anger sneaks into our psyche.

As is the norm with "self-help" books, this book will only be as good as the reader allows it to be - the exercises need to be answered honestly to be effective(no one else is going to read your answers, right?) Because of this it's not a quick read, but it's interesting and does provide insight into the many forms anger can disguise itself as in our every day lives. The comments and exercise on forgiveness were very good.

Knowledge is power and knowing how anger works in our lives can only be beneficial to ourselves and our relationships - this book makes that knowledge accessible and real.

An excellent read if you're experiencing anger or are a victim of anger.