judycroome

Judy Croome: Author on the Prowl

Fearless: The 7 Principles of Peace of Mind - Brenda Shoshanna PhD I have found a precious jewel in this book, but, if you have fundamental religious beliefs that you don't want challenged, this will not be the book for you. This would be a pity because, despite the heavy leaning to Buddhist philosophy, this is a book which invites a new way of being at peace even within your own beliefs.

Although some of the truisms and anecdotes are not particularly original to me (the two wolves stories, 'change is not loss, it's merely change'), they're the type of motivation which can bear repeating. In addition,this book is well structured, making the reading easy and the exercises (which are very practical) accessible.

Never judgemental, always infused with a gentle compassion for our human foibles (and an ability to laugh at the mistakes of her own journey) Shoshanna has a contemporary writing style that offers ancient wisdom in a way that helps one apply it to our modern lives.

I've been consciously practising some of the exercises since I finished the book and I've noticed how they do bring peace and an inner calm when my mind becomes restless with worry.

This book can be a life changing book if you're tired of feeling overwhelmed by negativity and fear, your own and others. I'm keeping my copy because I intend to dip into it time and time again, until the 7 principles of peace of mind become an every day part of my ordinary life. I've also ordered some difficult to get hold of copies for my family members!