judycroome

Judy Croome: Author on the Prowl

Healing Plants and Animals from a Distance

Healing Plants and Animals from a Distance: Curative Principles and Applications - Jim Pathfinder Ewing (Nvnehi Awatisgi) This profoundly spiritual book successfully melds ancient indigenous beliefs with modern reason and reflects a wisdom that is far more soul-based than many of the "new age" how-to books I've read.

The title may put off anyone who isn't deeply interested in the evolutionary process of the human soul or in active healing; however, it contains many useful tips that can help us live a more positive, peaceful life no matter what our external circumstance are.

There is an excellent preface which, with gentle guidance, details how to use the book and then four main sections on healing principles, how to learn from animals and plants, the shamanic journey and afinal section that gives simple and comforting ceremonies/rituals to help guide us towards the Divine Light in this world that is ever more dark and scary.

The only "complaint" I have (and I've been told to write this by my cat, Shadow)is that the author talks a lot more about dogs than he does about cats, but tehmain thrust of the book is so clearly coming from a place of Spirit rather than ego (a problem I often find in many self-help books) that Shadow agreed the book deserves a full 5*s!

Seriously, though, this book helped heal some broken parts of my soul and I feel that I've been given a glimpse of how to more easily accept what is, as it is. Thank you.