judycroome

Judy Croome: Author on the Prowl

Lover At Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11)

Lover At Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11) - J.R. Ward Another winner for JR Ward in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series and (at last!) we get to watch the love affair between Qhuinn and Blaystock play out, as well as the beginnings of three new relationships (Assail/Marisol; Xchor/Layla and Trez/Selena)

Well-written and with less of the overt bad ass/hard ass style that was in some of the previous books, this was a great read, although I did find it too long.

In addition, while Qhuinn's struggle to come to terms with his sexuality was complex and emotional, Blaystock's parents were a bit too Pollyanna-ish - the essence of their acceptance was an important message (love that is accepting of exactly how a person is)the instantaneous playing out of that acceptance was a little too unrealistically saccharine - no matter how much a mother loves her son, perhaps a little mental recalibration of her perception of his future might have been more realistic.

The romance between Assail and Marisol is terrific - lots of chemistry and Marisol, while a very tough cookie, is much more likeable than Xhex or Payne were.

As always I had to read it as fast as I could, so any BDB fan will really enjoy No 11 in the series.