judycroome

Judy Croome: Author on the Prowl

Ethical Book Reviewing

In my latest blog post on my personal blog I write about my views on responsible book reviewing.  I also include a list of good "how-to-write" book review links at the end of the article.

Here are the opening paragraphs ...

Long before I was A Writer I was A Reader.  After writing a story, there’s nothing I like better than to read a book and share my thoughts about it. So, when on-line book stores such as Amazon and Kalahari, or on-line book clubs such as Goodreads and LibraryThing, offered me the chance to air my views on the books I’d read, I was excited and started posting reviews in which I expressed my honest (if subjective) reviews.

As a writer, I was equally delighted that there was a platform in which I could directly reach out to readers and offer my books in giveaways in the hopes of receiving fair (if subjective) reviews.

In my innocence, I didn’t anticipate the problems that come with an on-line society: click on the link in the title to read the rest of the post.