judycroome

Judy Croome: Author on the Prowl

Book Review: "Cry, Heart, but Never Break" by Glenn Ringtved

Cry, Heart, But Never Break - Glenn Ringtved, Charlotte Pardi, Robert Moulthrop

The great appeal of this book begins with its title, which encapsulates all that is resilient about how we humans cope with the saddest of life's natural cycles: death.

Written for children, the language and story is simple, but the emotions it arouses are not. Four years after my Dad died at the ripe old age of nearly 84, I felt my heart cry again at the interaction between gentle Death and the 4 young children grieving the imminent loss of their beloved grandmother.

Packed with beautiful illustrations, inspirational and touching, Cry, Heart, But Never Break will give adults and children alike an increased acceptance that we are born into life and we must, therefore, die ... but in the time between we can feel joy as well as grief, sorrow as well as delight.

A marvellous, touching story.