judycroome

Judy Croome: Author on the Prowl

Book Review: One Touch of Scandal by Liz Carlyle

One Touch of Scandal - Liz Carlyle

"Oftentimes, he well knew, the worst sort of pain was the silent kind, the kind inflicted not by a slash of an assailant’s knife but by a thousand little cuts made up of thoughtless comments, cold restraint, and condescending eyes."

This quote from Liz Carlyle​'s "One Touch of Scandal" (2010) is why I love reading romances. From the Fraternitas Aureae Crucis series, book #1, this book has an alpha, tormented hero, a strong (not aggressive) heroine, an excellent plot and paranormal elements. I've only recently discovered Liz Carlyle as an author and am mowing my way through her back list. What a pleasure! This book has everything that makes my heart flutter & I read it as fast as I could. Great entertainment and a great example of the best of the romance genre.